Mixed Reaction on Gokaiger 28

I personally some mixed reactions towards Gokaiger episode 28, which are...

It's nice to see an older Toshihide Wakamatsu back... but it looks like he didn't age so much.  He's into J-Drama lately.  I wonder who he's married to?  Gai Yuuki in action is cool.

He's just as rough as ever- dealing with the Gokaigers.  He's helping them face their worst fear..  He does flirt with Luka which is creepy.  I hate it that Gai Yuuki never met Gai Ikari.  Bummer.  Really those two should meet and be double Gai team.  However I could imagine what conversation can happen between these two guys.

Gai Ikari: Hey Gai Yuki why can't you let me have your autograph?
Gai Yuki: Because I hate natto and other Gais!
Gai Ikari: WWWHHYYYYY??!!!!

But the bummer is... yup Gai Yuki's DEAD.  Sob.  I really hate to think that I got on the losing side of the debate.  Also, I find his death scene just not so realistic because of the lack of blood.  However his noble death is still worth noting as NOT being useless as it was an everyday act of heroism even if it wasn't in battle.
However here's my theory- Gai Yuki didn't die in the series but he may have died in action somewhere unknown, when Gai Ikari stated that he went "missing in action" hinting that he may kept his status as a soldier even after Jetman due to the Manga being non-canon.  Possibilities are he may have died in military service sometime after the epilogue since the Jetmen didn't even notice he was "dying" in the epilogue.  So perhaps he and Ryu did fight a battle together, he died, Ryu took his body, buried him and gave him an honorable funeral.  But I kinda want to speculate he may have left a child behind...

Blog Archive