NESTS Kyo - Random Notes


Had a quick chance to test out NESTS Kyo (aka Kyo With The Power Of Fisting) yesterday at the One Month Later event, I believe he is out tomorrow on XBL (maybe PSN too), so just thought I would share my initial notes on what I could test.

He is able to do his rekka punches from light taps (i.e cr.B, cr.A, qcf+A ~etc).

He has his old 97(?)/98 combo cr.B,cr.A -> qcfx2+A/C

He can do his qcf+K~K -> qcf+A -> (delay) into another qcf+A~qcf+A -> (drive cancel) -> qcb, hcf+A/C

Overall he felt a little bit 'floaty' compared to the original XIII Kyo, not sure if this is 100% true or if I was just going crazy on caffeine.

From what I could test his HD Bypass combo (cr.B, cr.A -> qcf+BC) double kick would not work, I've discovered for some reason doing the HD bypass with some characters creates additional delay frames not present normally.This might have just been me being off though, so I will test again when he is released.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test out any other HD Bypass combos.

Overall I felt I preferred the original XIII Kyo, though I will probably end up buying NESTS Kyo tomorrow anyway.

Blog Archive